Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuesday

How would you like to sit on these????   Actually, this was also taken at the Phipps Conservatory.   

Today I did a few errands about town.  Then we had lunch with Chucks brother and hsi wife, Nanci.    Theya re starting a dance.   They will play salsa music and something else I don't remember what it is.   Theywanted to know if Emily will come and help them.   He needs someone to collect the admission money and stamp their hands.   I guess it is easier with someone you know and trust collecting the cash.     Emily likes to dance, it will be good for her because of that.  

Off for two days in a row.  Could have had a third, but I had no vacation time.   Last year they front loaded the vacation time, but in their wisdom they did not this year.  They are Mickey Mousing our benefits.  

Everything they said we could have is ebbing away.   I guess after next March they will start to "staff level"  That is a nice way of saying  "stay home, the schedule is light and you are not needed tomorrow."   I look for that to go away too.   I don't care, after next March I will have 9 months before I can collect Social Security.   A friend of mine her mother went to the Social Security Office to sign up.  She said it was such a pain in the ass.   They queried her why is some distant past did she only have a few thousand.   What is that of their concern.   She told them at that time when she had her family they did not have the priviledges and benefits that they have now.  After her half hour was up they said she had to reschedule because another client was coming.     The government is a PITA.  But, we all knew that.  

Got the billfor the county taxes.  It is almost $3,000 per year for the honor and priviledge of living in the fair borough of Plum.. And what do I get for my money.  I don't get my street plowed in the winter......Guess  you have to be sleeping with someone on the borough council to get that.   I would rather drive the Subaru........ 

 

No comments: