Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday

This has to be the weirdest thing.   The power is out and I am typing by candlelight.  Sort of feel like old Abe.   LOL

This has to be one for the record books here in Pgh Pa.  It has been raining since 4 am and it it now.  8:30 pm.  This has rained over 5 inches of rain.   Mostly from Ivan, but also a cold front is coming throught and adding to the mess.  We have just lost power.  But do to the battery and phone lines I am able to go on line and type this.

The flooding in Western Pa is absolutly unbelievable.   People who refuse to evacuate and then the rescue people put their lives on the line rescuing these fools is really unbelievable.   Talk about mass doses of denial.   It is really astonishing the power of stupidity in masses of people.

In the back of our yard is a little gully with an easement under the plan.  This had overflowed once before that I can recall.   Today I heard a tapping on my back door and my neighbor was there, the gully was overflowing and she was afraid that it would flood her basement.  It had done that before. 

Well, Chuck, bless his heart, went out there and the water was almost mid thigh.  He was probling the gully looking for the storm drain and when he released it there was a giant sucking sound.  He was worried we would get swept away.  Till I reminded him he was too big to go

 

 

 

No comments: