Thursday, January 15, 2004

Thursday

Well, I don't recall how many days since I wrote in this journal.  Today I was off, as well as yesterday.  I have an unusual schedule.  I work in a operating room and am a CRNA.  Nurses anesthetist.  When we have a "call" it is for 24 hours.  So, during the day; I have a light assignment and then stay at the hospital till the next morning.  I have a "call room" and can sleep during the downtime.   Well, I was "on call" on Tuesday  so then I had 2 days off.  The 24 hours counts in my weekly schedule.   I have never worked the 24.  I usually sleep, althought sometimes it is interupted.

 

The weather here in the NE is very cold.   I like winter better than summer.   When I am cold I can warm up, but when it is hot, it is more difficult to get cold.  

 

My husband and I bought this house about 30 years ago.  We moved around the world and country throughout our lives but we had rented this "starter" home each time we left.   Right now it is just the right size.  All the rooms are one one floor, your don't really think about that until you get some aches and pains.   I can imagine how difficult it is for seniors who have to go upstairs to the BR or sleep.  That can be a reqal problem.  

 

Not to mention that all we paid for the house was $21,000, and it has been LONG paid off.   I guess the cost now would be about $125,000.  That really boggles my mind. 

 

I guess there is nothing else to write about.  So, till tomorrow.  bye

No comments: