Sunday, January 18, 2004

Sunday

It is Sunday and I finally got around to writing in my journal.  Yesterday was a day at work, on call.   The only good thing about call is that the 24 hours count a three days and it makes the next week better.  Only two days to work.  It was a "light" day.  We only had two operations.  Both of them were elderly and very sick.  The people are getting sicker  in the hospitals.   I guess it is because in the US people don't die, they die because the thought is medicine should keep them alive forever and if they don't someone did something wrong. As an RN I would not encourage anyone to pursue this career.  No matter what the nurse is always "wrong"

Maybe it is the whole philosophy in the US  is that no one is responsible for them selves but everyone is resaponsible for someone else.  The thing that I find most offensive are the instructions on things like hammers and stepladders.   Things that should be self evident.  I also feel, that people who file these nonsense lawsuits out to be changed when they loose.  Maybe we wouldn't have so many.  Like the woman in Philadelphis who filed a lawsuit that the cat scan dye caused he to loose her psycic ability.  Give me a break

Well, gtg.  Got an IM from the daughter

No comments: