Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas..............

I am soon going to be in the final stages of my preparation.   The bread is cut and soon on to putting the turkey in the oven.   This year I am making easy vegetables.  What I would like to have is two ovens.   Thee isn't any place to put a second over.   On holidays is the time that I wish I had another.   I did buy a electric roaster.   Maybe the turkey will fit in it.

It used to be that Emily was up at the pre-crack of dawn trying to wake us up to open her gifts.   This year big gift was a computer repair for her computer.   My brother in law repaired it for her.   It needed a new "mother" board.   I am glad he is computer savvy and was able to fix it.   If I had taken it to a shop the cost would have been almost cost prohibitive.  I got him a restaurant gift card.  He can take the entire family.

The tree is up and decorated.   It used to be a big trauma, choosing the tree.   Chuck has exacting specifications.   I haven't been to deduce what they are exactly.   It would be very frustrating.   HE LOOKS FOR THE PERFECT TREE.  They all look good to me, but he finds they are not what he wants.   The problem is solved, after many years we found it is MUCH easier if he just goes and picks it out himself.   I will be happy with whatever he brings home.   

Now that we have cathedral ceilings in the family room, he can get a VERY tall tree.    He never tells me what he paid, but the taller the more expensive.   When it is time to set it up we always have to cut about $30 worth off the top and some of the bottom..........At some point I think we will get an artificial one, but as yet, I do not see any that compare to the real.

The family will be here between 4 and 5.  I sent them an email that if they come too early I will put them to work.   My sisters always help with the final cooking preparation.    

 

AOL I am glad you put the spell check on this blog.   I can spell good, but typing is another thing.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Claudia!!!!