Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cranberries

Would you believe........  In the midst of my frustration, I decided to go and get the nonperishable things for Christmas Dinner. 

 (Am I still allowed to mention Christmas in my journal???)

Went to Shop and Save and there were no cranberries in the produce section.    So, I asked the manager where they were.   He told me that no cranberries were available bbecause " they went bad???"   Were the cranberries on the FBI's most wanted list or what???  He said that they couldn't get them from the supplies.    Told him I had to go to the competing supermarket,  The Giant Eagle.   So my next trip was to the GE.   There were all  kinds of cranberries there.    They really had a lot of them piled neatly in their produce section.

Since I was there I decided before another shortage was declared I would get the yams and everything associated with the meal, including the turkey.  Just wait till the hungry masses discover the absence of cranberries............And I got mine.............the rest be damned.   I have one extra 1 pound bag and I will sell it to the highest bidder.

No comments: