Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday

Anxiety is the space between the 'now' and the 'then.' "

The anxiety of the then was not knowing what was going on and knowing the end probably wasn't   going to be good.   The then was making a decision (whether ration or irrational) and going with it.  And hoping it will be better.

I have my schedule for the next two weeks.  They REALLY do have enough help.   The part I like is that I can work 35 hours and maintain by full time benefits.   Right now I do not want to take call.    After taking call for 35 years I can truly say I am tired of it, I want to sleep in my own bed and have weekends and holidays off.   I do not want to take any more holidays.........Maybe last Thanksgiving was my last.

I got a new TV for the bedroom.   I had a Zenith (do they still make them??) that was older than dirt.  It had belonged to my husbands cousin Jimmy who passed away about 4 years ago.  He could repair TVs so who knows how old it was?????      When we pluggedthe new one in it was so clear and bright.   I could not believe it.      It had a built in DVD player as well as a VHS.   I think the tapes have gone the way of the cassette player but it is there.  We still have a few of those old tapes.

I guess now I can get things done this week that I was unable to do for the past month. 

Went to Johnstown with my daughter because it was suppose to have a few flurries.   It was a nightmare.   There were 4-5 inches of snow there and the only clear road was the Turnpike/Interstate.   When I got off at New Stanton, the roads had never been touched and I fishtailed and slid when I make a turn onto the final road home.   The state PENNDOT sure missed the boat on that one.  Even with the AWD it didn't do much on the ice except slide like everyone else.

 

 

No comments: